Sunday 21 October 2012

WHO AM I? PART2

For this project i made an owl hat or headdress. From black velvet and red felt.

Throughout time owls have symbolized intellectual wisdom and the wisdom of the soul, because of their nocturnal ways they have always been associated with mystery, the moon's cycles also associate it with the feminine figure and fertility. Before the Greeks gave their pantheon human forms, the owl was the symbol of Athena, the goddess of wisdom and strategy. No matter the origin owls all over the world will continue to be symbols of wisdom, spirituality and intellectualism.

I feel that this owl hat is a reflection of myself, as not only do I have a love for owls but also attach a certain  ideology to them. The owl symbolism reminds me a lot of my parents, the spirituality and morality are my mom, she has always been the level-head, teaching me morals that i strive to keep for life, she has also embedded in me a certain spirituality which i believe is enough to keep me grounded. My father is the wisdom and intellectualism, he has always been the smartest person i know, and has passed his love for reading and the desire to know more onto me, his unbiased advice has help me make decisions that have affected my future in such positive ways.

 I feel that these things have shaped who i am, I've learned you can't deny your family, and as much as you might not agree with most of their ways, there are always things that have made you the way you are. In my personal experience these things are my parents, without them, or with different parents i feel i would not be the same person. I'm a level head, someone who thinks things through before i do anything, i have my own strong belief system and will voice an opinion if i feel the need. I pride myself on my knowledge in certain areas as well as the ability to teach myself things.




No comments:

Post a Comment