Sunday 26 August 2012

Where do i come from FINAL

For this project i have thought about where i come from, apart from covering the obvious of a family tree and ancestors and all the rest.  Recently while doing my research i discovered that my great grandfather was a doctor, the first coloured doctor in Paarl. I didn't know this before, so thought for the purpose of this project  would dedicate my work to him. My work consists of three drawings of human vertebrae, they are blue, red and beige respectively. I did these drawings as i feel they are easily related to being a doctor but also to human life. I made them surreal colours as i wanted to pull attention towards to the fact that my great grandfather was coloured and growing up in the circumstances and time period in South Africa as he did, becoming one was quite an achievement.

Process work Images:









Dr. Thomas Charles Newman

X


No comments:

Post a Comment